The Torch

Halloween 2018 Pre-Movie Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Halloween 2018 Pre-Movie Review

Yash Khanna, Columnist

Hitting the theaters on October 19th will be one of the most legendary returns of a horror icon in pop culture, Michael Myers in the movie Halloween. The Halloween franchise was always a slasher horror movie that has been out since 1978, the first movie followed the origin story of the crazed and ominous Michael Myers who kills his older sister at age 6 for no apparent reason under a clown mask, as he is taken out of the house he is unmasked and everyone is in shock that this was the work of a little boy. From then on he breaks out of the asylum he was thrown in 15 years later. Michael is now 21 and is a not a force to be reckoned with, he finds a white mask which he wears to spread his fear. Dr. Loomis, a psychiatrist looking out for him since he was boy must now go after Michael as he chases down a young girl named Laurie Strode. As he is on the run he kills mainly a bunch of teenagers and eventually gets to Laurie after a series of failed attempts. Loomis has been trying to help Laurie get Michael off of her back, and when Michael is trying to kill Laurie, Loomis is forced to shoot him 6 times and he falls off a balcony. He saves Laurie but when he looks down Michael’s body is not there. Laurie finds out the reason why Michael is trying to kill her and it is because she is Michael’s other sister. There are 7 other sequels to this movie that follow the original director John Carpenter’s iteration of the character, and a 2 movie reboot series by Rob Zombie (the worst ones out of all the movies), but this new iteration of the movie will completely disregard the other sequels, and continue from the 1st movie. In what we see in the trailer of the movie, a total 40 years have passed since Michaels rampage, he is believed to be dead, or is he now. 2 Journalists, Dana Haines and Aaron Korey attempt to interview him as they find him in what seems to be a super prison for crazed people. Loomis has passed away at this point due to old age and a new psychiatrist, Dr. Ranbir Sartain now looks over Michael. The Journalists are told by the Dr. that he may not say a word, but as they Journalists approach him they pull out the evil mask and everyone in the prison starts reacting either excited or scared. We also see his vengeful sister Laurie Strode, who currently suffers from PTSD from Michaels attack and has been preparing herself for his return, she is much older and self-disciplined. She wants to kill Michael and people see her as equally crazy because of the preparations she made. Michael gets transported to a different prison but the bus crashes, Michael escapes and he is going back to his hometown to take out Laurie once and for all. This movie will be a battle between Laurie and Michael, and the Journalists will be in the middle of this trying to help Laurie. Jamie Lee Curtis will return as Laurie Strode and Nick Castle will return as Michael with his old mask that he was given as a gift. This may most likely be at the top of the box office, and accumulate millions on its opening day.

About the Writer
Yash Khanna, Columnist

My name is Yash Khanna, I am currently 15 years old and I am a sophomore, I am a columnist for the torch. I write about movie reviews because, I am an...