The Torch

Avengers End Game Pre-Movie Review and Possible Fan Theories

Back to Article
Back to Article

Yash Khanna, Columnist

The Most anticipated movie of 2019, is none other than “Avengers End Game”, the trailer was released last Wednesday and already has as of now over 300 million views. This makes it the most viewed trailer in history. One of the biggest reasons for its hype is when the previous installment, “Avengers Infinity War” saw the downfall of the Avengers at the hands of the mad titan Thanos. The Mad Titan managed to kill of half the population and almost every avenger/hero/guardian except the original Avengers(Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, Thor), his Daughter Nebula, Rocket Racoon, Hawkeye (was not seen in the movie but confirmed alive by the new movie) and James Rhodes. He managed to do this all from acquiring every infinity stone and simply snapping his fingers to end everything. Thanos did kill 2 characters physically, Gamora and Loki. He had to sacrifice Gamora for the soul stone so he threw her off a cliff, and he snapped Loki’s neck after he had tried to kill him. In Conclusion, Infinity War left off with a huge cliffhanger that keeps every fan on edge. In the Avengers End Game trailer, we see a gang of beaten avengers who are clueless at this point. They proceed to look for multiple M.I.A. associates or partners and they manage to find Hawkeye who has been hunting down criminals in Japan for no apparent reason, it is possible that his wife and kids were killed from Thanos’ Snap. He is no longer the man he used to be, he is now known as Ronin (not to be confused with Ronan The Accuser), a much darker samurai version of him. We also see Tony Stark stranded in a ship with Nebula, and Tony knows that he is going to die soon because of food shortages and the fact that his iron man suit is broken. He uses his destroyed mask to send messages back to earth to his associate and lover Pepper Potts. We also see the Avengers on earth trying to plan something and how it must be done, we also see a scene where Steve Rogers (Captain America) is looking at pictures of his old love interest from the 40s, Peggy Carter. This could possibly mean that they are sending Cap back in time and maybe more back in time for some reason. We also see Ant-Man, who last time was with Avengers during Civil War where they all turned against each other. He seems to be trying to tell Cap something important, and he brings the van that he has with the quantum realm portal. The last time we see ant man other than this was in the latest installment of the ant man movies, “Ant-Man and The Wasp”. At the end of that movie, Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne get him into the quantum realm for experiments, and they specifically tell him not to go in deep or he will be sucked in for good. Except when he got inside the quantum realm, Thanos’ Snap happened a few minutes later, killing Pym and Van Dyne which were his only way out of the quantum realm. This could mean that Ant-Man found a way out of the realm himself and possibly mastered it. This could also mean that being in the Quantum Realm is what did not kill Ant-Man. All of these possible fan theories and speculations can be traced back to the original movies and it is certain that they are using time travel in Avengers End Game. The movie will hit the theaters in April 2019, and it is indeed very anticipated. Marvel has risen it’s way up the box office many times, it is very likely that in the first week the movie will make at least a billion in the first week, which is what it’s predecessor Avengers Infinity War managed to make in just a week.

About the Writer
Yash Khanna, Columnist

My name is Yash Khanna, I am currently 15 years old and I am a sophomore, I am a columnist for the torch. I write about movie reviews because, I am an...