The Torch

Fall Foods At Your Favorite Restaurants

Bianca Gosai and Barghavi Gopinath

The leaves are falling, and temperature outside is dropping. Families are getting ready for the chilly holidays since fall is here, which means lots of food. From orange pumpkins to crispy apples to sweet caramel, autumn is filled with delicious, mouthwatering food. Besides your family, many restaurants have started to sell fall-flavored foods and drinks.

Starting with drinks, McDonald’s brought back the Pumpkin Spice Latte, which hadn’t been made for three years. The warm, freshly brewed drink is spiced with hints of cinnamon and pumpkin to perfection. Included is milk, which can be chosen between whole or nonfat. While they created a savory latte, Wawa began selling their Pumpkin brew nationwide in all gas stations. The drink included cinnamon and nutmeg. With that drink, baked goods are also being sold, as well as iced coffee, lattes,  and smoothies.

Right around the corner, the Caramel Apple Croissant Donut is being sold in Dunkin’ Donuts. It is a Cronut filled with apple filling and then drizzled with caramel. They are also bringing the Reese’s Peanut Butter Square, which is more of a Halloween treat. Competing is Krispy Kremes, with a Salted Caramel Latte Donut. The donut is filled with espresso creme. It’s  topped with salted caramel frosting, a salted sugar blend and espresso icing drizzle. They also are selling a classic pumpkin spice donut and latte, which is greatly favored in the fall time.

While many stores and restaurants served warm, soothing drinks, Dairy Queen served their usual, the cold blizzard. Dairy Queen’s  Pumpkin Pie Blizzard held the title of  “Blizzard of the Month,” for two months: September and October. This “treat” can also be bought as a cake. Adding on to the list of cold foods, Baskin Robbins came up with a Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream. It consists of a mix of pumpkin and cheesecake with gingersnap cookies pieces and a cream cheese swirl. Besides a cone, another option is to make a sandwich between two donuts.

Desserts are loved by most, but the main courses are loved by all. While everyone is obsessing over pumpkin, they fail to realize that fall is also swordfish season. Bonefish Grill offers grilled swordfish, with a side of pumpkin ravioli, topped with feta. They also included a special glazed salmon and pumpkin creme brulee to their menu.

http://www.delish.com/food/g2915/fall-foods-and-drinks-you-can-order-at-your-favorite-restaurants/?slide=1

About the Writers
Bianca Gosai, Fall Reporter

Bianca Gosai is a 14 year old freshmen at John F. Kennedy Memorial High School. In her free time, she draws, listens to music, watches movies, and obsesses...

Barghavi Gopinath, Fall Reporter

Barghavi Gopinath is a freshman at John F. Kennedy Memorial High School. She is currently 13 years old, and looks forward to her high school career. She...