Senior Spotlight Featuring Ryan Samaroo

This is Ryan and he is for sure feeling himself.

Isaiah Cherry

It’s almost that time of the year for our 2022 seniors to graduate.  I got the chance to be in a journalism class before I graduated with a great teacher and great peers. I decided to spotlight my pal, Ryan Samaroo. He is a four year student who excels in the classroom and in sports. 

What has been the highlight of your senior year thus far?

Samaroo: So far my senior year has had its ups and downs. There hasn’t been anything special for the seniors yet, so it has just been regular school [year] for me. Friday night lights were fun because we would dress up for the theme and just socialize. Senior year is the time to apply to colleges and figure where you are going to go for the next few years. I could speak for a lot of seniors that applying to colleges was very stressful; but it would turn out good in the end when you get in to that school of your dreams.

What activities have you been in since entering high school?

Samaroo: When I entered high school, I played football my freshman year and ran winter track freshman and sophomore year, but played baseball all of my years in high school, and plan on playing again this upcoming spring season. I was also apart of  the American Cancer Society and Eco Friendly Club.

You mentioned that you play baseball, How do you think the team is looking this season coming off a comeback season last year?

Samaroo: Yea, I feel like we are going to do a lot better this season because throughout the years, we struggled with experience. This year we are returning about 16 varsity players. This year we are chasing that championship ring, with the fact we have 11 returning seniors, so this is our year. Come and support to all our home games!

Who has been a role model in your life and why?

Samaroo: A role model in my life is probably my dad. He is my literal twin. We have the same personality and mannerisms. I admire him so much because I feel like we literally know everything about each other. My dad is one of the smartest people that I know. He is also the kindest person I know. For instance, if there was an ant in the middle of the floor he wouldn’t want anyone to kill it because he would feel bad for it. All he wants me to do is succeed, and I use him as my motivation to fulfill that.

What has been the highlight of all of high school?

Samaroo: The highlight of all of high school is probably my game winning run against cross twin rival Woodbridge. Like the moment that I slid home to make a contact slide, was the best moment ever in high school. That feeling that you just helped your team to make the playoffs, as well as beating your rival, is unexplainable. I know you remember this one, Zay!

Yes indeed I do. I’m not gonna question you to death so this is my last one. Where do you see yourself in the next 8-10 years?

Samaroo: Where do i see myself? Well I would be around 25-27 years old, so I am hoping that I finished college with my own place, hoping that I’m still with the same girl I’m with right now. You never know how things work out. I am hoping that I have a good paying job in building cars, that’s really what I want to do. I want to design cars and help build them. All in all, I want to have steady income and be happy.