Senior Spotlight: Aiden Montalvo

Aiden+heading+to+cotillion.+

Aiden heading to cotillion.

Hariom Patel, Head Photographer

Aiden Montalvo is a senior at John F. Kennedy Memorial High School. He is a very kind, outgoing, friendly person who is well known in the school. He is a bright academic student who helps others grow with him.

What are your future plans after high school?

Aiden: My future plans after high school is to attend Lincoln Tech and focus on my fighting career.

Who inspires you to be the best version of yourself?

It has to be Kanye West. He makes me feel like I could do anything in the world.

What advice would you give yourself entering high school?

That popularity doesn’t mean anything. I thought it did, and thats why I messed up. Just focus on yourself and nobody else. It’s your opinion that matters the most.

How did the pandemic affect your high school career?

It was an experience of its own, like a crucial chapter in a book. It wasn’t great because I was doing bad in school, sleeping, not doing my work, and bringing a lazy side of me; however, without it, it wouldn’t make me the person I am today. It taught me to work hard and bring a better version of myself to the table.

Are you excited for your last semester of senior year?

Yeah I am! I cant wait to see what it brings for me, especially in terms of me having my last half of high school. I’m excited to learn and grow with people in new classes and make the most before I graduate.

What are you looking forward to before graduating?

There are a few goals I have yet to do before graduating that I look forward to: find a job, buying my first car, and to have fun living in the moment.

How would you describe your growth throughout your four years here at JFK?

I definitely evolved as a person in terms of maturity. From freshman Aiden to senior Aiden, there is a big difference. It’s like two opposite people with two different lifestyles.

What is your favorite memory here so far?

Too many favorites to name, one specific; however, is spending time and hanging with friends and some of my favorite teachers, [they] never get old. Reflecting on those times makes me feel like high school is one to never take for granted. I, for sure enjoyed all events and the sports games in which time and energy was well spent.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I see myself being a hard working successful man and a Bantamweight UFC Champion.

Thank you for being a great person and an amazing student! We at ¨The Torch¨ wish you the best of luck in your journey and hope you achieve all your goals. We appreciate your time and good luck for your remaining time here at JFK.