It’s Election Season Once Again!

It’s important to vote for your class officers since they are the ones who represent YOU. Officers are in charge of fundraisers that go toward your class, so when the time for voting comes, pay close attention to each candidate’s ideas that will raise money for the approaching school year. 

Contrary to popular belief, every position plays an important role when it comes to decisions made regarding their class. The Presidents, Vice Presidents, Secretaries and Treasurers all work as a team throughout our 180 days together.  

“I had a fun time being in the student government and would definitely do it again,” Michelle Etienne, Sophomore Class Vice President stated.

Each year, a new set of officers are elected by their class to lead them through the upcoming school year. 

“Always be sure you are nice and polite to everyone, while also putting the student’s needs first,” Etienne suggests.

Being an officer comes with many responsibilities, so if you are considering running, keep in mind the job you would have to fulfill: including campaign ideas throughout the year, informing your fellow students about what’s going on at JFK, and getting everyone involved. Your class officers are your peers and their job is to listen to what you have to say. Whether it be an event, a change (big or small) in our school environment, or a simple suggestion you have for the year, do not be afraid to speak up.

For anyone running this year, always remember that YOU can make a difference, it all depends on your voice and how you choose to use it. These 4 students are crucial and serve as the connection between the student body and school administration, advocating for the concerns and ideas of their grade.