Senior Spotlight: Jedidiah Perez

A+photo+of+Senior+Jedidiah+Perez+trying+on+his+new+suit.+

A photo of Senior Jedidiah Perez trying on his new suit.

What’s your overall opinion on JFK?

Jedidiah: Honestly I feel like it’s a really good school. Academically, I learned a lot. I feel like I missed out for my first couple of years because of COVID and I really wish I can get those years back, but my overall opinion is that it’s a really good school.

What are your plans after high school?

My plans after high school is just to start working, go into college for marketing and business, and try my hardest or the best that I can to make an online revenue and keep on making money.

What will you miss the most about high school? 

The most thing I miss about it or that I will miss is definitely the people, the teachers, the sports, the whole environment like the friday night games, all that. Just the whole experience of high school I will miss. 

How did COVID affect your experience at JFK? 

It was really weird. As a freshman, after it happened we thought we were going to get back into school like a couple weeks after, but after it being a couple months, almost a year, it was crazy. It had me rethinking my life. I started struggling. I was getting fat. I was gaining weight and it was kind of a turning point for me. So even while it was COVID, I would go out all the time. I played basketball because deep down inside of me, I wanted something better for myself. So, I put in the work. I got myself skinnier and became a better person. 

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? 

Honestly, there’s a lot of ways I see myself but I can definitely say that I would be working hard. I still have good work ethic. You’ll definitely see me. 

What was your favorite high school memory?

It’s pretty weird. It was this time where I got my first girlfriend and we had a lot of fun.

Did you have any goals coming into high school? If so, did you accomplish them? 

Honestly, going from middle school to high school, I was not in the right mindset at all. I was a stupid freshman. I was not taking anything seriously and that’s where I really fell down on. So no I did not. 

What do you wish you did differently in high school? 

I wish I took it more seriously. I wish I started off early. I would’ve done an instrument or something. Got some easy college credits. I would’ve definitely been doing a lot more things than I’m doing right now. 

If you can use one word to describe your high school experience, what would it be?

A renaissance. A redevelopment.

What advice would you give to incoming freshmen? 

I’d tell them to stay to the books. Learn as much they can. Make sure that they have a good high school life and make friends.