Senior Spotlight: David Reyes

David Reyes

Davids interest include, track, and basketball

David Reyes is a senior at John F. Kennedy Memorial High School. He is a hard working student, as well as an even harder working athlete. Being a JFK 4-year-student, he has demonstrated the work ethic of a varsity athlete, and he is well put together academically. David talks about his thoughts on JFK and his experiences.

What were your expectations coming into the John F Kennedy Memorial High School?

David: My expectations were fun, and having a good environment going into the school year, hoping I’d make new friends and get comfortable here.

If you could talk with any freshman, what advice would you give them, and why?

To take school seriously, and to try in school. You may not realize it when you’re a freshman, but having an education is very important.

What was the best memory you had in school, and why?

My best memory was this basketball game in freshman year. My teammate Vashaw hit a buzzer beater, winning the game for us. It felt crazy being in the gym when it happened.

If you have had any accomplishments, what would those accomplishments be from freshman year to now?

To be able to play multiple sports on a varsity level, I was playing varsity football, basketball, and track.

Who or what had motivated you to accomplish your goals?

My parents, because they’ve always had me doing sports since a young age.

Do you regret anything from high school?

The only thing I could say I really regret was not taking school seriously, and that’s pretty much it.

So what college are you going to and why?

I’m going to NJCU. When I start, I’m going to run track, and study cyber security as a major.

What is your goal to accomplish after high school?

My goal is to make a lot of money, have a job I like and not be bored of, and be able to have a house by the age of 30.

Is there anything in life that interests you, and could you see yourself following your career path in high school?

The only thing that interests me is whatever I’m doing in college.

When you get out of high school what is the absolute first thing you’ll be doing?

Probably hanging out with my friends and getting something to eat.