The Student News Site and Newsletter of John F. Kennedy Memorial High School

The Torch

The Torch

The Torch

Senior Prom Features ‘The Great Gatsby’ as the 2024 Theme

Tickets for prom go on sale the week of April 8. Photo illustration.

John F. Kennedy Memorial High School’s annual senior prom will be held at The Pines Manor on May 30, 2024. The theme is based on the novel “The Great Gatsby” and the roaring 20s era of fashion. Seniors are encouraged to wear avant garde dresses and suits, with accessories such as pearl necklaces and feathers to fit into the “Gatsby” theme. 

Organized by the senior class advisors, Mrs. Culver and Mrs. Riverso, this year’s prom will begin at 6 p.m. and end at 10 p.m. Last year, students were not permitted to enter the prom after 6:30 p.m., and it may be the same case this year. 

Tickets were able to be purchased at half price with a fundraiser that took place in January, and a contest for invitation making that ended recently. Nine students submitted their designs and they will be posted in the senior google classroom for the class of 2024 to vote on.

The pricing is yet to be confirmed, but more fundraisers in the future can potentially lower the overall cost. 

According to Culver, bids will go on sale the week after spring break, with each homeroom getting a chance to save their tables one after the other.

Outstanding fees must be paid before buying a prom ticket, including cap and gown fees and lunch fines.