The Student News Site and Newsletter of John F. Kennedy Memorial High School

The Torch

The Torch

The Torch

Senior Spotlight: Shubham Kulkarni

Subham will be attending Rugters Newark Business School to pursue real estate and stocks.

What are your plans after high school?

Kulkarni: I plan on attending college, pursuing a degree, my dreams, and having a lot fun while doing it.

What college did you choose to attend? Why?

I chose to attend Rugters Business School in Newark. I chose it because it was the hardest school to get into for me and it has the highest reputation, and I really look forward to that. 

What’s your major and why did you choose it?

I choose finance because I really want to get into Wall Street and I really want to work in stocks. My minor is also real estate and I choose to pursue that later on in life.

What career choice do you plan to pursue?

I chose that career plan because doing stocks and real estate has always been my dream as a kid. And it pays a lot of money.

If you couldn’t go to the university you choose, what college would you choose?

I would’ve chosen Montclair University because their reputation is also top notch and my sister goes there. So if I didn’t go to Rugters, I would rather be somewhere I’m comfortable with.

What was the most memorable event in your life?

My most memorable event in my life is when I picked up my dog from the shelter because she has been amazing in my life and I love her a lot.

What do you do in your free time and what inspired you to do it?

I got to the gym. What inspired me to do it is my best friend and how much improvement I seen throughout the journey of going consistently 

What does family mean to you?

Family means loyalty, love and trust to me. Family also means being there for me when times get rough no matter the situation.

If you have a bestfriend who and why? Why is he or she a good friend?

My best friend is my boy Kev. He’s my best friend because we knew each other for a long time and we always hang out together. We always workout together and we push each other to be the best people we could be. Without Kevin I wouldn’t be the person I am today. He’s a good friend because he teaches me a lot in life and he pushes me to be a better person than what I was yesterday.

In the future how would you describe high school to your kid? Why?

I would describe high school as a very memorable and enjoyable time in your life. And a time where you’re never gonna be able to revisit it. You should be able to live it up and make it unforgettable. Because so far I had the most fun in my life being in high school, and it hasn’t been that hard. The classes are really easy if you put your mind to it.