Senior Spotlight: Bettina Kingsly

Kingsly posing for a photo in 1980’s style clothes for JFK’s Decades Day.

Devin Scalise, A&E Editor

Today, I have the pleasure of interviewing current senior Bettina Kingsly.

What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever seen at school?

I’m not sure. Maybe people putting weird trinkets around the school like plastic babies.

How was your 4 years of high school? Was it like you expected?

It was not what I expected, especially due to the pandemic. However, I’ve made some unforgettable memories. 

What school clubs or activities have you been involved in?

I have been involved in Women’s Choir and Treble Choir, American Cancer Society, Student Council, the Safety Ambassador program, Guitar Club, and a few more.

Did you ever have a favorite teacher? If so, why do you like them?

I have had many amazing teachers that all helped me become the student and person I am today. One of my favorites was my 4th grade teacher because she encouraged my love of reading.

What do you envision your life after high school to be like? 

I envision going to college to get a degree in a business field. I would then most likely get a masters degree.

What was your opinion on remote learning? 

Remote learning was fine, but I wanted to come back to school to get the best learning experience. I feel like we have more opportunities when we learn in-person. 

If you could travel to any time period, where would you go and why?

I would go to the Renaissance because it would be interesting to see all the cultural and artistic changes occurring. 

Are there any specific people that impacted your high school experience? 

Yes! Many of my friends and family have been influential in my high school experience. They’ve helped and encouraged me in schoolwork, to come out of my comfort zone, and to have a more enjoyable time. 

Well, thanks for joining me, and letting our school population know a little more about you. I look forward to seeing what more you accomplish!