Senior Spotlight Ishani Desai

Yearbook picture of Ishani Desai, a current senior at JFKMHS.

Niki R. Shah, Poll Editor

Ishani Desai is a current senior at John F. Kennedy Memorial High School. She loves business and wants to meet a lot of new people during her college life. Ishani is very active in various clubs and is also in multiple honor societies. 

What are your interests outside of school?

Ishani: Out of school I like to spend time outdoors, take a walk, I like to read a lot and spend time with friends and family. 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 

In 10 years, I see myself working with a really good paying salary, hopefully with a dog and family. 

What is some advice you would give to the other students at JFK?

I would say balance everything between your workload and have fun. Balance is important, so don’t overwork yourself. Mental health is also important. 

What is your most memorable moment throughout high school so far?

My most memorable moment is going to be the day that the squirrel fried our electricity and we had the SAT blackout. In my homeroom, we spent the whole time doing random stuff. We played silent ball, we made paper airplanes and did a whole competition with that and it was pretty cool. 

I know that you are interested in business, what do you want to do exactly?

I want to go into supply chain management, right now there’s a lack of any sort of help from the supply chain because of COVID so I really want to help out. 

Do you have any goals for your future college self?

Yes, I want to get to know a lot of people, not only just my age, but people with experience as well. I also want to do well in school. 

What is something every high school student must do before they graduate?

Go to a football game! Go to sports events and go to the dances. 

How would you rate your experience here at JFK?

I would give it a solid 8.5 out of 10. 

Do you regret not doing something during your 4 years at JFK?

I think I should’ve spent more time going to some of the dances freshman year and whatnot. And even missing out on my whole sophomore year because of COVID was definitely big. 

What is your proudest accomplishment from your 4 years of high school?

I had always wanted to be a part of NHS ever since I had heard about it, so being able to be a part of that is probably my biggest accomplishment.