Senior Spotlight: Deep Patel

Sarvesh Kuppani

Senior Deep Patel smiles while sharing his high school experience.

Sarvesh Kuppani

Deep Patel is currently a senior at JFK Memorial High School. He hopes to become a software developer in the future and has already completed many computer science projects, such as creating his own server. Patel has shared his experience in high school and what he aspires to do in the future.

How do you feel you have changed throughout your experience at JFK?

Deep: When I first entered JFK, I didn’t do half of my work. I wasn’t that great of a student. After going through high school, I have started to do my work and try my best on everything instead of what I used to.

How did Covid affect your experience at JFK?

During Covid, it made it really hard for me to focus on my work and learn what I needed to. Even if I got extra help, it was still very difficult to learn. Being online, you can’t get as much help as you can in in-person.

What expectations did you have when coming in as a freshman?

When I started out freshman year, I was expecting a swimming pool on the roof because that is what a bunch of people told me. I was really disappointed when there was not [a swimming pool].

What is your favorite memory at JFK throughout these 4 years?

My favorite memory at JFK is probably meeting my friends that I still have right now because every day with them is like an adventure.

Do you have any favorite teachers?

My favorite teacher at JFK is probably Mr.Davis because his class is just so fun, and it motivates me to try hard in computer science.

How was your experience at the Rutgers boot camp for engineering and computer science last summer?

The boot camp at Rutgers allowed me to see how Rutgers looks and feels like if I decided to go there.

What was your most embarrassing moment at JFK?

My most embarrassing moment at JFK would be in gym class last year, in which I was playing volleyball. I tried to set the ball, but instead, I pulled off my glasses and threw them across the gym, and broke them.

Are you going to Rutgers since you have been to their boot camp?

From my experience at the Rutger boot camp, I do want to go to Rutgers if I get accepted.

Where do you imagine yourself in 10 years?

In 10 years, I see myself as a software developer working on a big project in a big company.